Eco-Friendly Excellence for Your Building Project
While many companies claim to use green building practices, few of them practice what they preach in a measurable way. The benefits of building green include saving you—and the planet—money and energy in the long term, but during the building process you need to strike a careful balance between cost, complexity, and potential.
Here at BEC Austin, we start implementing sustainable practices on the ground from Day One. We’ve completed a number of groundbreaking Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)-certified builds. If you care about the footprint of your space, we have the tools, team, and talent to bring your vision to planet-friendly life.
When you engage with us to build sustainably, you also gain:
Our Experience and Honesty
Going green isn’t always as easy as it first appears: there’s paperwork, materials, costs, and timelines to consider. From discussing a realistic budget to planning out the phases and certification requirements, we’ll be honest with you about how to achieve your goals without cutting corners or breaking your budget.
Our Sustainable Network
BEC Austin is proud to be a member of both the USGBC (United States Green Building Council) and AEGB (Austin Energy Green Building). Membership in these eco-forward building associations allows us to network with thought leaders and keeps us in touch with the latest regulations, techniques, and more required for green building projects.
Our Green Team
Our commitment to sustainable building is reflected in our team: currently, we boast 2 LEED AP certified employees, 2 with LEED Green Associates certification, and 6 with Green Boots certification. We have another round of employees in the process of acquiring their LEED Green Associates. With this excellent pool of LEED-certified team members to choose from, we can tackle even the most challenging green building projects in and around the Austin area.
Our Planet-Forward Track Record
We've been creating green buildings for our valued clients for more than a decade, beginning with Austin's Saltillo Lofts in 2006. Some of our most prized successes include:
M Station Apartments by Foundation Communities
- Achieved LEED Platinum Certification, the first such accreditation for multifamily housing in the USA
- Achieved Austin Energy 5 Star Certification
- Won the 2012 Austin Business Journal Social Impact Award
- Won the 2012 Envision Central Texas Community Stewardship Award for New Development.
Arbor Terrace by Foundation Communities
- Earned the 2013 Austin Business Journal Commercial Real Estate Award for Multifamily Rehabilitation
- Achieved an Austin Energy 4 Star Rating
- ECT Community Stewardship Award for New Development – 2010
- Austin Energy Green Building 4-Star Rating –2010
- Livable Vision Award – 2010
- Austin Energy Green Building 3-Star Rating - 2005
- Community Stewardship Award for New Development – Envision Central Texas – 2006
- Austin Energy Green Building 4-Star Rating – 2013
- Austin Energy Green Building 4-Star Rating 2016
- LEED Gold - 2016 - Currently pending.
- International Living Future Institute – Living Building Challenge
- Austin Energy Green Building - Currently Pending